Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mystery Science Theater 3000


I usually don't post pictures of LTCs that I still have available, but this one is applicable to what I did this past weekend.

Evan and I went to go see Cinematic Titanic on Saturday night. It's several of the people who were involved with Mystery Science Theater 3000 basically doing the same thing with really bad horror movies. Saturday's selection was Blood of the Vampires. It was an absolutely ridiculous movie. Apparently, the Phillipino actors that they got to play the servants didn't have "hispanic" enough skin, so they put them in black face. Really really bad and offensive black face. Needless to say, the Cinematic Titanic guys had a field day with this.

If you ever get a chance to see Cinematic Titanic, I would highly recommend it. They are hilarious!

About the LTC: The stamp was originally carved for the Great Lakes 2008 gathering that celebrated all things Minnesota. I never really got a lot of the MST3K jokes until I moved to Minnesota since they reference a lot of local places and people. Now it just adds another level, so I had to carve an MST3K stamp. I'll probably end up hiding the stamp somewhere near Hopkins, MN. The stamp image is embossed on movie posters of some of the films they skewered on the show. The posters are: "The Brain Who Wouldn't Die" (my personal favorite-I love the woman's face on the card), "The Sidehackers" (Hard riders! Mounted on BURNING STEEL! With only their leathers between THEM and HELL!") and "Teenagers From Outer Space" (Thrill-crazed space kids blasting flesh off humans!).

I only have "Teenagers From Outer Space" and "The Sidehackers" available if anyone would like one.

No comments: