Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Favorites, Card 2


"The Raven" was made for one of my Quickie swaps, in which the participants have a week to make a card and send it in the mail. You can only use stamps that are already carved and materials that you have lying around the house.

This stamp is kind of a spoiler. I originally carved the image for a box in North Carolina (it's missing last I heard), but I loved the image so much that I carved a smaller version and made it into a hidden in plain sight box. My cat broke the "in plain sight" part, so it might be retired unless I can fix it.

The background is just black cardstock with handpainted swirls in a metallic green paint. Each card is (obviously) a little different. I love that paint. I can't use it often because I'll start looking around for things to paint. Very dangerous.

3 comments:

Wisconsin Hiker said...

Great stamp! I love raven images and this one is interesting because it also includes the tree branch.

Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

What a great card! Awesome :-)

Anonymous said...

ive seen this same excact image in a box in murfreesboro tn by mstrwndl